Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wanderlust | San Francisco Day One


Ahhh, traveling. How I've missed it. Since I came home in December, the only other "travel" that I've done was a day in Manhattan and a weekend in Milwaukee, and every single step in the process brings back nostalgic memories. This was my first extended traveling since I've been back, and my love for it has not been lost. Last week, Mom and I returned home from a week in San Francisco, and we had an amazing time! I totally recommend visiting if you're looking for a change in scenery (that is, if you're not on the Cali coast already...) I kept track of our trip via a journal, so I'm going to break down these posts into daily reviews, so I hope you enjoy and check back in for day two!


Line break because the pictures are numerous.






San Francisco Day One


After five and a half hours on a plane, Mom and I arrived around 9am to warm and sunny California. After a long and traffic-filled bus ride to our lodgings, the adorable Monte Cristo Bed and Breakfast, we set out for a busy day: Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Cable Car, and Chinatown.


Street performers, tourists, overpriced food, beggars stealing food out of trashcans...what's the upside? CLAM CHOWDER BREAD BOWLS.


Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.




Sourdough bread is a definite must. 




Look at the cute!!!






Hello Alcatraz I'll be seeing you later.




Hey buddy!








Mmm yes fog very mysterious ~~~~~




I never got a chance to eat here and I'm very upset about it. 








Mother enjoying a delicious Ghirardelli beverage. 




Golden Gate Bridge, I see you! 




After mom asked about the wait time for getting on the Cable Cars (she was worried about standing so long with her back), the security guy managed to allow us to cut in line and get on the next car!!!! While grateful, I was humiliated and fully apologize to the people standing in line in front of us.







The top of Lombard Street, with a glimpse of a brave car beginning it's journey down the windy road. I have a better picture of it later. 




Look at the palm trees!!




My kind of restaurant! Who's with me?!




Entrance to Chinatown.








The park where a bunch of elderly Chinatown folks played cards on milk crates...we loved it!!




Mom had to pay 50 cents for this pic! What a ripoff. We found the ladies making fortune cookies in a very small alley in Chinatown. We got a cookie, but not a fortune.




The coolest bookstore ever! It even had books by my college professors, which was awesome to see across the country!




Mom and I also tasted some tea here, where the cutest girl waited on us. I walked away with some brown rice matcha, which is absolutely delicious!! We also visited the oldest Chinese temple in the US, but we weren't allowed to take pictures. I felt very zen though~~~.



After that, we got some Chinese and took a bus back to our inn. Considering we had been awake since 2:30AM EST, we promptly conked out! 



Day Two shall be coming promptly!!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment