Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Wanderlust | San Francisco Day 3

NATURE. TREES. AL CAPONE.





Friday in San Francisco was all about adventure. First, Mom and I started out in Muir Woods, which if you don't know, is a little cluster of Redwoods about twenty minutes from the city. Oh my, it was so incredibly beautiful. The clean, crisp air filled our lungs as we meandered through the tall trees, and gazed in open-mouthed awe as the sunlight filtered through the leaves...



It was very, very pretty.



























The pretty.


After that, our tour guide drove us  back toward San Fran, where we passed TONS of cars....I'm talking hundreds. We had arrived at Muir Woods when it opened and it was lovely, but after about two hours the crowds were swarming. However, because we were so speedy, he rewarded us with a lovely, scenic overlook before heading to Sausalito. Mom and I weren't too impressed with the overpriced, ritsy town, but we enjoyed some ice cream all the same. We stopped to get a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge and then got dropped off on Fillmore Street.
















Mom and I spent most of the afternoon on Fillmore, eating lunch, drinking Peet's Coffee (please come to the East Coast?? Thanks??), buying Benefit blush (they're based out of SF how could I resist?), and generally feeling miserable due to some sort of stomach bug. It happens.



The evening was spent in the ~scary~ Alcatraz which wasn't all that ~scary~ but we'll pretend all the same.






I'm feelin' Orange is the New Black...who's with me?!






The escapee who created a dummy head. Creepy? Yes. Also watch Escape from Alcatraz. It'll explain everything!




Clint Eastwood climbed down that pipe.









Voila! San Francisco has come to an end. We spent a few more days there, with a few more pictures, but these three days were the main events. I hope you enjoyed them! I had a wonderful time with Mom and I totally recommend the trip. I'll see you soon...school has started yet again and we all know I'm the worst when it comes to blogging during the semester, but hopefully I'll get one or two in there.


So, until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment