Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Bookworm | I'm Moving! (to Goodreads, that is)



My friends, it is time for us to embark on a journey. A journey to.....the Internet!


I have been a book hoarder my whole life (really though, is this surprising to anyone?), but it's getting to the point where I have piles of books in my room while no shelf space and I'm buying multiple copies of books because I don't remember what I already have. After finding both a hardcover AND paperback copy of The Virgin's Lover by Philippa Gregory on my shelf the other day, I decided I need to take inventory.


So I hopped on to my Goodreads, which you should all befriend me on NOW , and decided to actually take it seriously, instead of just marking down books willy nilly. So, if we're already friends, you'll notice my activity will be picking up as I sort books. This also forces me to actually LOOK at the books in my possession and remember all that I have, as well as make them all my priority. Even just starting out, I'm already finding long lost favorites and books I've been meaning to read. For example, I've stumbled across....


A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, which is one of my ALL TIME favorite books as a teen. I remember being obsessed with it, and I'm pretty sure I definitely sobbed at the end of the third book. I'm talking heaving, snotty sobs. It's so good.

Crown Duel/Court Duel by Sherwood Smith is another favorite book of mine that I had completely forgotten about! Romance, medieval setting, battles---it's all I've ever asked for. Once I remembered the title I immediately hopped on to Amazon and got myself a copy!


The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory is one of her War of the Roses books (though forgive me if that's not actually the correct title). Philippa is my favorite author besides J.K., but for some reason I can NEVER remember what books I have! I manage to pick one up at every yardsale or book barn, and as seen above, I always pick up the wrong one.

Anyways, I'm halfway through my bookshelves already and am eager to see what all I have. I also want to prove to my boyfriend that I have actually read most of the books I own! I'll keep you all updated as to who won that battle.


xx





No comments:

Post a Comment