Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Beauty | Battle of the Cleansing Oils


I have found that the best way to remove a large chunk of my makeup is via a cleansing oil, and since then I have not been able to go extended periods of time without them. However, I'm still struggling to find "the right one." To date, I have tried four different cleansing oils, and while some of work just fine on me, others have less-than desirable results. Let's look at the lineup:





Last Place-The Body Shop's Camomile Cleansing Oil(not pictured)

    I'll be frank: I broke out into a rash when I tried to use this. I'd leave it for a month or two, come back to try it again, and same results. I love me some Body Shop, but I have a shaky track record with their skincare products. I threw it out halfway through the bottle. Nope.

3rd Place-MAC's Cleanse Off Oil/Tranquil

    Due to my sensitive skin, the lovely girl at the MAC store and I agreed that I should try out the "Tranquil" version of their famous cleansing oil. The picture above is about a week and a half old, so I have used more of it since then. To me, however, this oil feels like I'm just putting glorified water on my face, and I really have to use a lot of product for me to feel like it's doing anything useful. Thus far it's not wow-ing me.

2nd Place- Michael Todd's Honey and Oat Cleanser

    This is what I'm using currently, and for the most part, I really enjoy it. It's a bit of a stretch to call the consistency an oil, but I use it the same way that I use the others. The smell is really nice, and I think it's super effective.

1st Place- Elizabeth Denn's For One Love Organics Vitamin B Cleansing Oil(not pictured)

    What a title! I absolutely love this product. It smells of a tropical island, and is the best out of the four to remove almost all of my makeup. The only issue is....do I want to be dreaming of an exotic island in the middle of November??? Some people may say yes, but I am one to completely embrace the season that I'm in. I love the scent from February to July, but the rest of the year, I look for something a bit more "cozy."

Perhaps I'll find something the next time I'm perusing the shops...? Meh?

xx




No comments:

Post a Comment