Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Musings | The 16 Resolutions

Happy 2016!




I feel like all of my other resolutions revolve around my main one, so here it is: I've made it a goal this year to become more organized. Ever since I graduated from school I have let my planner go to the wayside and my detail-oriented life has slipped a bit.


Oops?



Thanks to the BEYOND generous donation from Ashley (@makeuptia on YouTube she's perfect) I now have the pricey and notoriously hard-to-get inkwell press planner (squee!). The beginning of January was slightly hectic, so this weekend I finally sat down with my computer, planner, a cup of chai tea, and sorted out my life. There are some BIG changes that are potentially going down this year, and there's no way that I can fly by the seat of my pants like I did in the second half of 2015.




So, I believe that by declaring my official resolutions on here will keep my accountable, here they are. This year, I'm thinking of them less as resolutions and more as general goals that will be solidified by the end of the year. I think that's a good way of not setting myself up for failure, ha. 


16 Goals for 2016

1. Do some form of exercise every day, even if it means fitting in some quick yoga.
2. Speaking of, practice yoga 100x more frequently (shout out to Yoga With Adriene because holy shit, she's awesome). 
3. Read 30 books in one year (I did complete my 52 book challenge, which I promise a post is in the works but is taking me way too long to write.
4. Eat less red meat. Notice I'm not cutting it off completely, considering I would have broken that resolution on day 1 since eating pork on New Years is a sign of good luck in PA Dutch communities. ✌šŸ»
5. Shop small.
6. Blog weekly (oops, sry.)
7. Explore cruelty-free, vegan brands. 
8. Brush the dust off the Duolingo and learn some French, dammit.
9. Stop giving excuses and actually start writing.
10. Learn to use my time more wisely i.e. don't spend four hours watching makeup YouTube videos ok
11. Seek joy in situations where I want to kick something (this happens a lot and I really should just start meditating)
12. Actually try to get 8 hours of sleep every night (I write this at midnight knowing that I'll get less than that tonight hehe.)
13. Less coffee, more tea
14. Communicate better with friends (sorry to those who've waited on my texts for days).
15. Learn to cook!!! Real meals!!!!
16. Successfully move in and start a new chapter with my boyfriend. Ooh lala.


Ok that's all sleep time bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment